Shouting centrist things at the sky since 2008. When not talking about UK/US TV from the 1960s-80s.
I, Gavin Goodteeth, if elected to Dail Eireann, promise the following simple and achievable pledges:
1. I will put on my website receipts for anything I claim in expenses.
2. I will, each week, take one registered voter I have never met before to lunch in the Dail. For all my failings, at least a couple of hundred of you will get a decent dinner out of it.
3. I will, once a week, praise one of my political opponents ideas or proposals. We’ve had enough of yah-boo politics, and no side has a monopoly on good ideas.
4. I will maintain a daily blog that I will write myself, and will not just be an online calendar nor a collection of clichés. Unusually for an Irish politician, I actually believe in things.
5. I will not require the government to keep open a teaching job for me whilst I serve in the Dail.
6. I will take my Dail pension at the same age as those entitled to the state pension get theirs.
All these pledges are, unlike most political promises, actually deliverable. I hope you’ll give me an opportunity to prove that.
Candidate, Dublin East.